Thousands of Foxconn workers leave after bonus payouts, iPhone 14 production to take a hit
A report suggests around 20,000 of the 200,000 workers of the largest iPhone factory in Zhengzhou, China, have left the plant after Foxconn decided to give a $1,400 bonus payout for new hires who would leave the job.
This decision was made after a protest on Wednesday highlighted the lack of a promised bonus payment, insufficient food, and risk of getting COVID-19 for those who decided to work extra hours to meet iPhone 14 production demand goals.
The post Thousands of Foxconn workers leave after bonus payouts, iPhone 14 production to take a hit appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon is handing out free money for Black Friday 2022
- Amazon gift card deals 2022: How to get $175+ for free
- Best Black Friday deals of 2022: The ultimate guide
- Black Friday Apple deals for 2022: AirPods, iPad, Apple Watch, more
Trending Right Now:
- A Netflix adaptation of one of the most erotic novels of all time is coming next week
- Scientists may have found something unfathomably massive living under Antarctica
- New 48-Volt Quant supercar can go 600 miles on a tank of ‘salt water’
Thousands of Foxconn workers leave after bonus payouts, iPhone 14 production to take a hit originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 25 Nov 2022 at 10:25:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com/
November 25, 2022 at 07:25AM