7 Hidden Features to Explore on TikTok
It wouldn’t be surprising if we ranked TikTok among one of the most popular social media apps. You can never have enough of it—from making content to finding your type of entertainment.
TikTok is focused on delivering a smooth user experience to people who like watching and those who are into creating entertaining videos. But there are several hidden features that can elevate your TikTok experience even more. Keep reading to find out about the seven awesome hidden features of TikTok.
1. Hide Your Liked TikTok Videos
Some users feel uncomfortable sharing the type of content they like. Fortunately, you can hide the TikTok videos you have liked:
- Open TikTok and select the Profile button in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three lines on the top-right of your screen. A menu will appear.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Next, go to Privacy.
- Scroll down until you see Liked Videos. Tap it.
- Under Who can watch your liked videos section, tap the Only Me button.
The settings will be automatically saved. This allows users to like their favorite content without anyone knowing. This feature helps TikTok users cope with their privacy-related concerns.
2. Share a Video as a GIF
If you like making entertaining GIFs from videos, this TikTok feature is undoubtedly for you. It lets you capture the most exciting part of your video and turn it into an animated image shareable on other social media sites.
To do this:
- Find the video you wish to convert into a GIF.
- Tap the Share icon from the list on the right.
- From the Send To menu, scroll the bottom bar until you see Share as GIF. Tap it.
- Wait for the video to convert to GIF.
- Once the GIF is created, share it with your contacts. You can also share it on other social media apps.
3. Create a Quick Slideshow
You have probably seen those videos on TikTok where multiple images pop up. This concept is called a slideshow. Whether you are making an entertainment video, showing off your photography skills, or explaining an event, this feature can be quite useful.
Most people are aware of creating a TikTok by using video content only, but the following steps also enable you to add an aesthetic charm to your images:
- Open the creator section by tapping the + icon.
- Select as many pictures as you want by tapping Upload and choosing your pictures.
- Arrange the pictures accordingly.
- TikTok will suggest a sound to match your images. You can choose the Music icon and change the music to your liking.
- Pick the transitions and filters of your choice.
- Tap Next and save it without posting by tapping Drafts. You can then post it by selecting Post.
You can also post a TikTok story that expires after 24 hours.
TikTok is a globally diverse app and there’s no denying that people worldwide are equally interested in the app. Since you are in touch with a global audience on the app, you might sometimes experience language barriers.
Users can translate comments from other languages into their native language. To enable the translation feature on TikTok, go through the following steps:
- Open your TikTok app and select the Profile button at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on top and choose Settings and Privacy from the menu.
- Open Language under the Content and Display section.
- Tap the Translation Language menu and choose the language in which you want to see the comments.
- Select Done once you’ve chosen a language.
Another option to translate the content is by toggling on the Always Show Translations tab.
5. Personalize Your Feed
TikTok shows different videos posted by creators. The main intention behind this is to show you content that matches your liking.
If you are not seeing things you generally like, we recommend personalizing your feed by following these steps:
- Tap and hold the video.
- Wait for a new menu to appear.
- Select Not Interested.
A message will appear that you will receive fewer videos like this. Another way to keep the content according to your liking is by selecting your interests when you sign up for TikTok. This allows users to start their TikTok journey with relevant and exciting content.
6. Search for Videos Through Audio
If you are looking for a specific video, think about the audio behind it. TikTok enables its users to find public videos by searching for audio. To search videos through audio:
- Open the search option by tapping the search bar in the top right corner of your screen.
- Use the keywords to search for a specific sound, such as “viral audio”. You can use the microphone icon at the bottom to search as well.
- Scroll to find your favorite user, sound, videos, and hashtags associated with the search.
Remember, the more specific searches you make, the easier it is to find a particular video.
7. Switch the Filter When Recording a Clip
When recording a TikTok, users can change the filters in the video. This feature helps add creativity to your videos for better content creation. To do this:
- Open your TikTok creator section by tapping the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Filters and choose the one you want to use. Record until you wish to switch the filter.
- Tap Filters again and choose another one. The new filter will be applied to your video.
- Now continue recording your video until you are done.
Each section of the video will display a different filter and look.
Use TikTok’s Hidden Features and Keep Yourself Hooked
TikTok is known for its attractive features and content creation tools. You can enhance your experience by exploring the hidden features of the app. TikTok enables its users to translate comments and change filters when recording. You can also hide your liked videos and search for content through audio.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to personalize your TikTok Feed according to your liking to view relevant content.
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/Bibkjfy
November 25, 2022 at 07:35AM