This is the iPhone you should buy your mom
Responding to a question from the audience at the Code Conference event he attended a few weeks ago, Apple CEO Tim Cook said "buy your mom an iPhone." The executive offered the reply to a reporter asking about Apple’s plans to embrace RCS on iPhone, a richer communication text messaging system than SMS that Google uses on Android. This is part of the famous blue vs. green text bubbles dispute that Google is still entertaining in the US in its desperation to somehow convince Apple to get on board.
The reporter said that he and his mother find it difficult to send photos and videos to each other because she uses an Android device. That’s where Cook came in.
While some people might not appreciate the response as new iPhones are more expensive than most Android handsets, Cook’s advice is sound. You should buy your mom an iPhone if Android gets in the way of your texting. And the same goes for your dad. But that doesn’t necessarily mean buying one of the four iPhone 14 models that Apple just launched, which start at $799.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon Prime Early Access Sale: 42 best early deals to shop now
- Best Prime Day laptop deals 2022: Laptop deals to expect for the Prime Early Access Sale
- Best Apple Watch deals and sales for October 2022
- Best Deals: Amazon, Apple, Tech, Hotel Pillows, TVs, and more sales
Trending Right Now:
- Urgent warning: Produce at 11 stores may be contaminated with human waste
- 8 new releases hit Netflix today – here’s what you should watch
- Massive cheese recall: 93 different cheeses might have dangerous bacteria – here’s the full list
via BGR https://bgr.com/
October 5, 2022 at 04:16PM