Internet sleuths are trying to solve a baffling mystery about this Apple TV Plus release
As a fan of spy movies and TV shows like Tehran and Slow Horses on Apple TV Plus, I naturally was excited by the news that Apple has also paid a serious chunk of change to bring Argylle — a lavish, star-studded spy movie — to its streamer, sometime in 2023.
The cast for the movie, based on a forthcoming book of the same name, includes pop superstar Dua Lipa, as well as The Witcher’s Henry Cavill. We’ll also see Sam Rockwell, Bryce Dallas Howard, Bryan Cranston, Catherine O’Hara, John Cena, and Samuel L. Jackson in the movie, which is apparently about a novelist who’d once been a superspy and who now suffers from amnesia.
I say "apparently," because here’s the thing. There’s a pretty strange mystery surrounding this movie and its source material. Long story short, no pun intended, what the iPhone maker bought here is the rights to make a $200 million Apple TV Plus movie out of a novel from 1) a first-time author named Elly Conway with 2) almost no presence of any kind online. And it gets even weirder.
The post Internet sleuths are trying to solve a baffling mystery about this Apple TV Plus release appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Forget smart TVs, these Amazon home theater projector deals are crazy
- Best Apple Watch deals: Series 8 now on sale, but S7 is $150 off
- 10 deals you can’t miss on Saturday: Drones, $99 AirPods, $50 off Apple Watch S8, more
- Get an Echo Dot for just $0.99 with this crazy Amazon promo
Trending Right Now:
- James Webb telescope found a new energy source in space that’s baffling scientists
- Sleep expert claims to reveal how to fall back asleep in 2 minutes
- 3 of the best gritty crime dramas on Netflix, HBO Max, and Prime Video
Internet sleuths are trying to solve a baffling mystery about this Apple TV Plus release originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 17 Sep 2022 at 16:19:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
September 17, 2022 at 01:25PM