How to Register an Amiibo on Your Nintendo Switch
If you are a fan of collecting figurines, amiibo could be your next obsession. Nintendo’s amiibo look awesome, but they’re not just pretty faces! You can use these tiny figures to unlock exclusive benefits in certain Nintendo Switch games.
If this has piqued your interest, and you want to learn how to unlock these free in-game benefits, this guide will help you start using Nintendo Switch amiibo to get a head start in your game.
What Are Amiibo?
If you are wondering what amiibo are, they are miniature figurines of Nintendo characters. They not only look amazing on any gamer’s shelf, but also serve a purpose by lending a helping hand in your game.
Nintendo Switch controllers come equipped with an NFC reader which is a form of wireless communication between two devices. NFC has a variety of handy uses. But in Nintendo’s case, it is used to scan compatible amiibo in select games to unlock new items or even characters.
There are hundreds of amiibo that all work differently, offering unique rewards for their compatible games. For example, the Rider Amiibo for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will unlock the legendary horse Epona, which you can then register at the stable and use throughout your adventure.
An amiibo for Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate, however, doesn’t unlock a specific character but rather summons them to assist you during a fight. You can check what an amiibo gives you before you purchase it by checking the information on the box.
It is also important to note that not every amiibo is compatible with every Nintendo Switch game. Make sure you do your research to ensure you’re purchasing the right amiibo for your needs.
How Do I Register an Amiibo on My Nintendo Switch?
While it isn’t always the case, some games that save data to the amiibo will require it to be registered. Although not all amiibo have to be registered, it is always a good idea to do so. Here’s how:
- Open the settings on your Nintendo Switch by pressing the gear icon at the bottom of your home screen.
- Scroll down the menu on the left-hand side of your screen until you reach the amiibo section.
- Press Register Owner and Nickname.
- Hold the amiibo to the NFC touchpad. On the Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons or the Nintendo Switch Lite, this is located under the left joystick. On the Nintendo Switch Pro controller, the NFC touchpad is underneath the Nintendo Switch logo in the center of the controller.
- Select the Mii that belongs to the owner of the amiibo. If you have not created one already, do so now.
- Enter a nickname for your amiibo and press OK.
- Make sure you have entered the right details and press OK to confirm.
Your amiibo has now been named and registered, and will be ready to use in its compatible game.
How Do I Use Nintendo Switch Amiibo?
The way you use amiibo on the Nintendo Switch is different for every game. Some games let you scan an amiibo at any time, while others require you to access the amiibo section of the game’s menu. In this example, we will be showing you how to use amiibo in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Open the runes menu by pressing the up button.
- Scroll to the end of the menu and select the amiibo logo.
- A movable dot will appear. This dot pinpoints the location of where your loot will drop. Move this dot to a location you are happy with.
- Hold the amiibo over the NFC reader.
- Your controller will register your amiibo automatically and drop the loot at your target location.
While the way you use your amiibo differs in every Nintendo Switch game, it’s usually very easy to find. It is always worth just scanning the amiibo to see what happens. If nothing happens, just head to the menu and look for the amiibo logo. Select it and scan your amiibo to unlock your rewards.
Start Collecting Amiibo Rewards on Nintendo Switch
Whether it’s a daily loot box to help you get through the next grueling challenge in Metroid Dread or inviting your favorite villager to your Animal Crossing island, amiibo are a great accessory to interact with your game.
Not to mention, amiibo are a great way to add a little touch of Nintendo to your bookshelf!
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/4haOKr9
August 6, 2022 at 01:07PM