Lego Atari 2600 set: This nostalgic gaming delight is now available
Just in time for the 50th anniversary of Atari, the toymaker Lego on August 1 released a delightful recreation of one of the most classic video game consoles of all time. The Lego Atari 2600 set brings back to life what, for many of us, was our first-ever gaming console. The one with those giant game cartridges that you inserted into the console’s slot. And that also come with a solid black physical joystick with a single red button.
There’s a bittersweet element to this retail story, of course, in that Atari as a brand exists today only as a shadow of its former self. Nevertheless, I don’t think there’s been any other video game console that’s come along since and made me feel the same as the 2600 — the blocky, terrible graphics notwithstanding. Fully assembled, the Lego Atari 2600 will stand just over 3 inches high. In many of our childhoods, though, this thing loomed so much larger.
The post Lego Atari 2600 set: This nostalgic gaming delight is now available appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- 5 secret Amazon departments where you’ll find amazing hidden deals
- Today’s deals: Alli weight loss pills, Philips Hue, $99 AirPods, $119 Samsung Chromebook, more
- LG CordZero vacuum review: My Dyson is officially retired
Trending Right Now:
- James Webb telescope spots its first supernova in remarkable new photo
- 5 Netflix releases coming next week that everyone will be streaming
- Family Dollar just recalled hundreds of products – here’s the full list
Lego Atari 2600 set: This nostalgic gaming delight is now available originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 1 Aug 2022 at 18:39:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
August 1, 2022 at 03:43PM