How to Create a Barcode in CorelDRAW
If you are working on a project that requires you to generate a barcode, consider using CorelDRAW. There is an integrated barcode tool in the software that will do all the work for you. Let’s show you how to use it, and we’ll also show you how to change the color of your barcode.
How to Create a Barcode With the Barcode Wizard in CorelDRAW
The Barcode Wizard makes it easy to create a barcode in CorelDRAW. Go ahead and open your file, then follow the steps below:
- Go to Object > Insert > Barcode.
- The Barcode Wizard will open. First, select the appropriate Industry Standard Format for the barcode. Then enter the numeric digits below, and click Next.
- Adjust the settings of the barcode, or you can just leave them be and edit them later on. As you click on different options, you will see the barcode change in the preview at the bottom. Once done, click Finish.
- A barcode should appear in the middle of the screen. You can resize the barcode in the Barcode Wizard by adjusting the Magnification (scale), or you can resize it as you would any other object in CorelDRAW. However, it is not recommended that you alter your barcode in any way outside the Barcode Wizard.
- The barcode that you created is an OLE object, which means that it is linked back to the application where you created it. In this case, it is linked back to the Barcode Wizard. Thus, to edit the barcode, simply double-click on it.
CorelDRAW has many other uses, such as removing an image background.
How to Change the Barcode Color
Altering the color or font of your barcode could make the scanning process more difficult. So, if you plan to change the color of the barcode, you should keep the background light and use dark colors for the barcode. Here’s how to do it:
- Select the barcode, and go to Edit > Cut (Ctrl + X).
- Then go to Edit > Paste Special.
- Select Picture (Metafile) and click OK. This will convert the OLE file to grouped objects.
- Select the barcode, and press Ctrl + U on your keyboard. This will ungroup all the objects.
- Now your barcode will consist of many objects. This allows you to select any part of the barcode separately, and recolor it however you want.
- Once you are done, select all the barcode objects, and press Ctrl + G to group them again.
- If you’ve edited the font as well, you should convert the barcode to curves before you send the file to another location for use. This will ensure that the font stays the same, even if another person might not have that font installed. To do this, select the barcode and go to Object > Convert to Curves.
CorelDRAW is great for all types of projects, such as designing a poster.
Create Your Own Barcode With CorelDRAW
If you need to generate a barcode for your project, CorelDRAW’s Barcode Wizard is the perfect tool for you. And you can even change the color if you want to.
The Barcode Wizard is just one of many tools that CorelDRAW has to offer. This program is great for vector projects, and it even offers good photo-editing tools.
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/o6cyqND
June 24, 2022 at 06:05AM