RouterPi – a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 router #PiDay #RaspberryPi @Raspberry_Pi @ZakKemble
Zak’s Electronics Blog describes RouterPi – a dual Ethernet interface router using a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 and a custom interface board.
I’ve been wanting to use a Raspberry Pi as my home internet router for a long time, but previous versions were not quite up to scratch. I needed two ethernet interfaces that could handle 1Gb traffic with low latency.
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 with 2GB RAM & 8GB eMMC
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet interfaces (CM4 onboard & Realtek RTL8111HS)
- WiFi U.FL to SMA connector
- microHDMI port
- microUSB OTG port
- DS3231 RTC with battery backup
- BME280 Environmental sensor
- 12V to 5V regulator
- Buttons for safe shutdown and restart/boot
See the build, software, and performance in the blog post.
via Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/ZytQPGN
May 13, 2022 at 07:01AM