Your iPhone might be sending read receipts even if you turn them off
There are two types of people in the world: Those who use read receipts and those who don’t. Many people prefer to turn them off, as they add even more stress to texting. With read receipts, all of your friends, family members, and coworkers will know precisely how long you’ve been ignoring them. But some people want their contacts to know when they see their messages. Whichever side of that fence you happen to fall on, you should know that a new bug in Messages could cause your iPhone or iPad to send read receipts to your contacts even if you’ve turned the feature off.
The post Your iPhone might be sending read receipts even if you turn them off appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 hidden deals for Amazon Prime members only
- Thursday’s deals: COVID rapid tests, 99¢ Amazon Smart Plug, AmazonBasics mega-sale, more
- Black Friday is back for Apple headphones – 5 deals you need to see
- The Best Deals Online Today (January 2022)
Trending Right Now:
- Surprise stimulus checks are coming even after the deadline – find out if you get one
- Stimulus check update: $3,600 is coming in 2022 and you might qualify to get it
- Urgent Target recall: People are getting sliced open by this recalled product
Your iPhone might be sending read receipts even if you turn them off originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 6 Jan 2022 at 22:43:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
January 6, 2022 at 07:43PM