Don’t be surprised if grocery prices for these items surge this year
The daily total of Covid cases in the US has now reached 1 million, while stimulus checks have dried up, inflation is soaring, and grocery prices are similarly on the rise. Welcome to 2022, which has yet to offer any indication that it will present a dramatic turnaround from the malaise we’ve now spent some 24 months living through. But, who knows. Maybe fate will surprise us.
At any rate, one of the many areas where recent national headlines and trends continue to trickle down to people’s daily lives is at the grocery store. Specifically, regarding the price of many items on those grocery stores’ shelves. The price of eggs and fish, for example, was reportedly up almost 10 percent last year. While the price of steaks ballooned 25 percent last year, compared to 2020. And because of the persistent inflation problem in the US at the moment? This trend will almost assuredly continue throughout this year.
The post Don’t be surprised if grocery prices for these items surge this year appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- HURRY: Amazon has COVID-19 rapid tests in stock right now
- Alexa smart plugs with 6,300 5-star Amazon ratings are under $5 today
- KN95 masks made in the USA are finally in stock at Amazon
- Tuesday’s deals: COVID rapid tests, $22 Fire TV Stick 4K, N95 masks, more
Trending Right Now:
- This Spider-Man: No Way Home plot hole ruins the entire MCU
- This is the first photo from the spacecraft NASA will ram into an asteroid
- Scientists just discovered a massive sea predator from the Triassic period
Don’t be surprised if grocery prices for these items surge this year originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 18:36:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
January 4, 2022 at 03:36PM