Here’s why 2021 was the year of stimulus checks and Let’s Go Brandon
Other than the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s safe to say at this point that you’d be hard-pressed to find something that more people talked about over an extended period of time in 2021 than stimulus checks. As well as the "Let’s Go Brandon!" catchphrase/slogan/chant/whatever you want to call it that turned into a viral movement among critics of President Biden. 2021, in other words, was a year in which millions of Americans got more than half a dozen stimulus checks from the federal government. And millions of Americans, angry at the president, were chanting "Let’s Go Brandon!" at sporting events. And buying up merchandise adorned with the phrase, streaming songs inspired by the phrase, and much more.
Even more interesting than pointing all that out, though, is why, in fact, both of those stories dominated headlines this year.
The post Here’s why 2021 was the year of stimulus checks and Let’s Go Brandon appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 Amazon deals you need to see on Sunday: 99¢ Echo Dot, 99¢ Amazon Smart Plug, more
- Tuesday’s deals: 99¢ Echo Dot, $179 AirPods Pro, $19 Roku, more
- This Kindle sale at Amazon is almost too good to be true
- Disney Plus subscription price is free from Amazon for 6 months
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s why you might actually get two stimulus checks in February
- Thousands of fans are begging Netflix to un-cancel one of its biggest duds of 2021
- Bread recall: If you have this popular bread at home, read this before you eat it
Here’s why 2021 was the year of stimulus checks and Let’s Go Brandon originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 01:39:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
December 21, 2021 at 10:43PM