How to Change or Reset Your TikTok Password
If you’re having issues logging in to your TikTok account because you’ve forgotten your password or have to try multiple times to get it right, then this is for you.
In here, you’ll see how to change your TikTok password if it’s difficult to remember. You’ll also know how to reset your password if you’ve completely forgotten it.
So, let’s get started.
How to Change Your TikTok Password
If you still remember your TikTok password but want to change it because it’s hard to recall or is compromised, doing so is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the TikTok app on your device.
- Navigate to your profile.
- Tap the hamburger icon to open Settings and privacy.
- Select Manage account.
- Tap on Password. The app will then send a six-digit verification code to the mobile number registered on it.
- Input verification code in the provided field.
This will lead you to the change password screen, where you can input your desired new password.
How to Reset Your TikTok Password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, you’ll need to reset it to regain access to your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and navigate to the login page.
- Select Use phone / email / username.
- Choose to log in with email or username.
- Tap on Forgot password?.
- Choose the preferred account ownership verification method (phone number or email address).
- Enter the six-digit code sent to your phone number or email address.
- Input your desired password and tap Log in.
Your password will be changed, and you’ll be logged in automatically.
Enabling 2-Step Verification on TikTok
Having recovered your password, you can choose to protect your TikTok account further by enabling 2-Step Verification (2SV). This is a security feature that adds a layer of protection for your TikTok account.
Check out this guide on how to set up 2-step verification to activate this feature.
Changing and Resetting Your TikTok Password is Easy
Following these steps will help you change or reset your TikTok password–no sweat. And if you want to add an extra layer of security to your account, don’t forget to activate 2-Step Verification.
There are certain lines you shouldn’t cross on TikTok if you don’t want your account to face a permanent ban.
About The Author
(89 Articles Published)
John is a lover of tech by birth, a digital content creator by training and a Tech Lifestyle Writer by Profession. John believes in helping people solve problems and he writes articles that do just that.
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/1AUAxdL
November 25, 2021 at 06:52AM