The 5 Best Technology-Based Training Methods
Technological advancement has made our life easier than ever. Even in the domain of training, you can see the widespread use of technology. Nowadays, almost all training approaches involve technology.
Take a look at the training methods that depend largely on technology and the apps you can use in these approaches.
1. Online Training Method
This method involves an asynchronous course that many people can take at the time of their choice. Usually, such courses include slide-based training material, but these may also include audio and video files. However, this method needs an internet connection and a compatible device, like a smartphone or computer.
- You can access this training material at any convenient time. It won’t hamper your work efficiency.
- The method is self-paced. You can take ample time to complete a course. You can even revisit the material as many times as you want until you grasp it.
- Since there is no fixed time frame to finish a course, users might take a long time to complete it.
- This method does not involve any human touch. Hence, you may feel demotivated to participate in it.
Pathwright App for Online Training
Pathwright is a cloud-based platform for different training courses. The course material can be in the form of audio, video, and written tutorials.
Trainers can create different types of assessments according to the course syllabus, such as images, videos, etc. After completing the training, you may get a printable certificate.
2. Instructor-Led Training Method via Online
Earlier, the instructor-led training method meant training that takes place in person. It also started involving technology over time. Now, the ILT method does have a trainer who delivers lectures and demonstrates practically. However, the classes can take place online as well.
- The instructor and the trainees can see the faces of one another. This personal touch will make the session interactive for both sides.
- The trainees get the chance to ask questions and get their queries resolved instantly. That’s why this method is beneficial for training on complex topics.
- A training class involves people with different understanding capabilities. Hence, the course speed might not suit every participant.
- All the participants should be available at a fixed time. This can be troublesome for a remote team working from different time zones.
Prezi for Online Instructor-Led Training
Prezi is an online platform that facilitates engaging instructor-led training courses. It allows presentation on a live training session, while participants can also access the recorded sessions. The smart presentation feature of this app can show slides on the same screen as the trainers speak.
3. Hybrid Training Method
Basically, this training model involves multiple training methods so that participants can enjoy the benefits of both traditional and online training styles. The common hybrid or blended models include the flipped model, flex model, and face-to-face driver model. However, one can self create a different model, blending any two or more training methods.
- Hybrid learning is the combination of different methods. While the live sessions will be useful for understanding complex subjects, online presentations are sufficient to get other easy topics.
- This method comes with great flexibility and keeps the trainees engaged without distraction. It’s also suitable for training numerous learners.
- This method largely depends on a powerful IT infrastructure. Without it, users will find it difficult to access the training material.
- The blended method is available in various models. The purpose of training will be unsuccessful if you choose the wrong model for your team.
Google Classroom is a secure but simple app that offers a rich training experience for hybrid methods. Using the features of this app, it becomes easy to monitor and evaluate the trainee’s progress. It also supports integration with other apps for syncing or importing content.
4. Immersive Training Method
The immersive training method means creating an environment where participants can learn a specific skill by replicating a real-life scenario. The commonly used tools for this method include Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), scenario-based interactive video, simulations, virtual learning environment, etc.
As human brains consider VR experiences like real-world experience, performance during training can be a close indicator of real work performance.
- This training method keeps the participants engaged without any risk factor. Hence, they can consume the topics better and faster.
- Here, you get instant feedback for whatever you do. It helps you to understand the mistakes that you can avoid in the future.
- Being exposed to VR and simulations for a long time might cause harm to the participants.
- Failure to completely simulate the work environment will result in the inability of the participants to immerse themselves in the situation.
Strivr for Immersive Training
Strivr is a platform for immersive training that lets you transform critical business goals into learning paths through the smooth deployment of VR. This VR training app also offers you data on engagement, attention, analytics-based usage, training performance. It also supports scalable rollout for workforce training.
The use of social media is not limited to virtual communication. It has every quality to train someone to excel in any given subject. Anyone can receive training through recorded videos or live sessions on social media.
- Social media learning and training involve interacting with like-minded people who may or may not be from the same team. Thus, it improves the collaboration and communication skills of the learners.
- Participants can clarify their doubts with the trainers and the co-trainees. It will help them understand a topic without any delay.
- No dependable metrics are available to show learning progress and performance. Therefore, it’s not possible to calculate the ROI and effectiveness of the training process.
- With no one to supervise the training, the training might not be fruitful. Also, training materials for non-experts may contain misinformation.
YouTube is the platform you can use to get trained on any topic. There are ample videos on any topic on this website that you can watch for practical knowledge. You can also use it for peer-to-peer training, where every team member would explain a topic they know better than the others.
Technology for Smart Training
In this rapidly changing era, all types of training techniques can use technology to some extent. Now that you know the pros and cons of each training method, you can choose any one of these without much hassle.
You can also use the supported app for each approach, that’ll ensure productive training sessions. Moreover, if you’re a creator of online courses, you can utilize any of the above methods for training content delivery.
If you’re trying to create and sell your own online course, here are the top six platforms to try out.
About The Author
(200 Articles Published)
Tamal is a freelance writer at MakeUseOf. After gaining substantial experience in technology, finance, and business processes in his previous job in an IT consulting company, he adopted writing as a full-time profession 3 years ago. While not writing about productivity and the latest tech news, he loves to play Splinter Cell and binge-watch Netflix/ Prime Video.
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/1AUAxdL
November 8, 2021 at 06:30AM