How Android is tracking you even when you think you’ve opted out
Apple’s new privacy features built into iOS 14 made the news quite a few times in the first half of the year, mostly because of the massive resistance from Facebook. Apple’s new privacy features force developers to disclose the data they collect from iPhone users. But the most important feature is the one that forces all developers who want to track users to ask them for permission. Google is far from replicating the features on Android, although plans are in the works to match some of Apple’s offerings at some point in the future. What that means is that developers can track users on Android much easier than on iPhone. And a new study shows that Android phones from several manufacturers can track you even if you think you’ve opted out of everything that’s tracking you.
The post How Android is tracking you even when you think you’ve opted out appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Thursday’s deals: FREE money from Amazon, $3.74 Alexa smart plugs, huge Bose sale, more
- 10 Amazon finds under $30 that everyone’s obsessed with
- Is this an Amazon mistake? Get a top-rated TV soundbar for just $48
- Surprise! Amazon’s early Black Friday deals are live right now
Trending Right Now:
- Popular Nestle snacks were just recalled, so throw them out now
- Biden official explains why your Christmas might be ruined
- Does your bank account have more than $600 in it? Biden wants to keep an eye on it
How Android is tracking you even when you think you’ve opted out originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 14 Oct 2021 at 17:33:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
October 14, 2021 at 02:34PM