How to Change the Content and Interface Language on HBO Max
Do you want to switch HBO Max to your native language? Or do you want to practice another language while binge-watching your favorite shows?
No matter what the reason is, it’s quick and easy to change both the language of the HBO Max interface and the language of the movies and shows you watch. Here’s how.
How to Change the Interface Language on HBO Max
Changing the interface language of HBO Max—which includes things like category names, buttons, labels, and so on—is easy if you have the mobile app.
You can’t change the language from the HBO Max website. However, once you change the language on your mobile, HBO Max updates on every other device and platform so that everything is in sync.
To change the interface language on HBO Max:
- Open the HBO Max app.
- Tap the profile tab in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top-left corner of your device.
- Select Display Language.
- Choose the language you want to use. You can also select Same as device language to avoid changing it when you change the primary language on your phone.
After you choose a different language, the HBO Max app will restart, and in a few seconds, you’ll see the app changed to the language you selected.
How to Change the Audio Language on HBO Max
While you may have your HBO Max account in a different language, it doesn’t automatically apply that setting to the language of your movies and TV shows; that’s a different setting which you can control on both mobile and desktop.
How to Change the HBO Max Audio Language on Mobile
- Open the HBO Max app.
- Choose the show or movie you want to watch.
- Tap the Audio and Subtitles button. It’s the small speech bubble in the top-left corner.
- Under Audio, select the language you want to hear.
- Once you’re done, tap the X in the top-right corner.
The next words you hear from your show or movie will be in the language you selected. If you want to go back to the previous language, just repeat the steps above.
How to Change the HBO Max Audio Language on Desktop
Fortunately, you can change the audio language of your shows from your browser. The steps are pretty similar, and this is what you need to do:
- Open your browser and go to the HBO Max website.
- Log in to your account if you need to.
- Open the show or movie you want to watch.
- Hover your mouse over the screen.
- Click the Audio and Subtitles button. It’s the speech bubble icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose the language you want under Audio.
- Click the X in the top-right corner of the Audio and Subtitles menu. You can also click anywhere outside the menu to exit it.
Now you can keep watching your movies or shows in a different language. If you want to go back to the original, just repeats the steps.
Get More Out of HBO Max
Be aware that not every show and movie will have the same languages available. Some might have more options, while others have fewer. Fortunately, HBO Max also offers subtitles in different languages, so you should find something that works for you.
If you changed your HBO Max language to try to learn another language, you might want to try some foreign, independent films to really put your knowledge to the test.
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/1AUAxdL
October 8, 2021 at 07:19AM