This brand new Netflix original movie rocketed up the charts even though critics hate it
The Rotten Tomatoes critics consensus does not mince words when it comes to the new Melissa McCarthy Netflix original movie The Starling that’s dominating the streamer right now. "Burying its talented cast and worthy themes under mounds of heavy-handed melodrama, The Starling is a turkey."
Whew. Somehow, though, this newly released, nearly two-hour film was temporarily the #1 movie on Netflix this week. And it also got as high as #2 on the combined Netflix ranking that encompasses both TV and movies. Speaking of the review aggregation site Rotten Tomatoes, the film currently has an abysmal 21% critics score, based on 71 reviews. A big difference from the audience rating, however, which currently stands at 75% based on more than 100 user ratings.
The post This brand new Netflix original movie rocketed up the charts even though critics hate it appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon has renewed iPhone 12 deals from $521, but they’ll sell out soon
- PS5 restock update: Where to buy PS5 and check for inventory
- Roborock’s H7 stick vacuum has a must-have feature you won’t find on any Dyson
- Amazon has extra deep pocket sheets on sale at prices we can’t believe
Trending Right Now:
- New stimulus checks are coming this month and we’ll show you how to get one
- Fourth stimulus check announced by Biden administration – here’s who gets one
- Fourth stimulus check update: Get up to $3,000 if you live in one of these 10 states
This brand new Netflix original movie rocketed up the charts even though critics hate it originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Oct 2021 at 19:40:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
October 1, 2021 at 04:45PM