How to Install the One UI 4 and Android 12 Beta on Your Galaxy S21
Ahead of the public release of One UI 4 based on Android 12, Samsung is running a beta program where Galaxy S21 owners can try out the upcoming update to provide their feedback and report bugs.
If you own a Galaxy S21 phone and are looking to try out Android 12 on your device right away, here’s how you can join Samsung’s One UI 4 beta program and install the update on your device today.
The Galaxy S21 One UI 4 and Android 12 Beta Program
Android 12 is a big upgrade with notable new features, including a new Material You system theme, revamped widgets, new privacy features, added customization options, and more. Samsung will incorporate most, if not all, of these changes in One UI 4 for its Galaxy devices, and add its own touch to improve them further.
Joining the One UI 4/Android 12 beta program from Samsung is a relatively straightforward process as long as your specific Galaxy S21 variant is a part of it.
Before you get started, here are some important things you need to know:
- Only selected carrier variants of the device are supported in the program. The program is only live in the United States right now, but it should go live in the United Kingdom, India, Germany, and parts of the EU in the coming weeks.
- Installing the One UI 4 beta will not wipe or touch the data and installed apps on your Galaxy S21. However, it is always recommended to back up all your important data before joining the beta program.
- Additionally, you might face app compatibility issues and various stability issues after installing the One UI 4/Android 12 update. So, if stability is a key requirement, you might want to reconsider joining the beta program.
- Once you are a part of the One UI 4 beta program and install the update on your Galaxy S21, it will automatically receive OTA updates for all future beta releases.
- You can always leave the One UI 4 beta program to revert to One UI 3/Android 11. However, doing so will completely format your Galaxy S21, and you’ll lose all your app data in the process.
How to Install the One UI 4/Android 12 Beta on a Samsung Galaxy S21
- Download and open the Samsung Members app on your Galaxy S21, S21+, or S21 Ultra.
- You should see a banner in the Samsung Members app to join the One UI 4 beta program. If the beta program is unavailable in your country or not available for your device, it won’t show up. If you are sure the beta program is live in your country, but the banner is not showing up, keep checking the app every few hours.
- You’ll be prompted to log in with your Samsung account if you have not already logged into the Samsung Members app. This is important as you cannot join the beta program without a Samsung account.
- After joining the beta program, head over to Settings > Software Update > Download and install. Your Galaxy S21 will check for software updates and the One UI 4 beta update should show up for download.
- The One UI 4 beta update should be around 2-3GB in size, so make sure your phone is connected to a fast Wi-Fi network during the process. Also, ensure it has at least 50 percent battery left.
Try Out the New One UI 4 Features
Once you are a part of the One UI 4 beta program, you can try out all the new features and give Samsung feedback about them. Since the OS is still under development, Samsung is paying attention to all the feedback it is getting.
Samsung will keep rolling out new beta releases of One UI 4 with new features and bug fixes every few weeks, so your experience should improve with time.
via MUO – Feed https://ift.tt/1AUAxdL
September 15, 2021 at 11:16AM