These are the worst US states to live in
In the ongoing Darwinian struggle among US states to convince people that theirs is better than the competition, the goal is not just survival of the fittest. Indeed, new data from CNBC that tallies which 10 US states are the worst states to live in — which, correspondingly, also helps identify where the best are, at least subjectively — looks at a lot more than, well, the "fittest." Public health systems are a big part of what makes a state livable or not, but so is quality of life thanks to things like crime rates. Plus hospital capacity, the presence or not of restrictive voting laws, how well states protect residents against discrimination, and much more.
These kinds of rankings tended to elicit eye-rolls and yawns from people before the pandemic. Now? Well, especially with remote work a trend that seems here to stay for a good long while, states are going to need to pay closer attention to how they’re viewed beyond their borders, if they’re not doing so already. It’s going to matter more than ever before. In terms of attracting new talent, residents, and businesses.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon shoppers rave about this 22-in-1 screwdriver set that’s down to $18 today
- Brilliant $30 Amazon find expands a power outlet without an ugly power strip
- Amazon’s massive Kasa smart home sale has deeper discounts than Prime Day
- Today’s top deals: $50 soundbar, Alexa in your car for $20, $90 Ring Doorbell 2, $230 touchscreen laptop, $6 smart bulbs, more
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s how much money you can get right now between stimulus checks and tax credits
- Maps gets a great new feature in iOS 15 that Apple never announced
- Forgotten action thriller with three Marvel stars hits Netflix next week
via BGR https://bgr.com
July 27, 2021 at 07:17PM