Stimulus check update: 2.2 million new payments just went out – will you get one?
A few million more stimulus checks are now on their way to US taxpayers. This, granted, is a development that we’ve been reporting for a couple of months now. But this is a stimulus check update that, like the payments themselves, will be recurring, at least through the end of this year.
The IRS on Thursday caught everyone up to speed on the status of its distribution of this latest tranche of stimulus cash. This is something the IRS says it’s doing on a weekly basis. And it stems from the money made available by the $1.9 trillion stimulus legislation from March. Since the agency’s last update, through July 21 it’s now distributed more than 2.2 million additional checks with a collective value topping $4 billion. Here’s what else you need to know about this latest update, especially if you’re waiting on one of these checks. These checks, by the way, being the third stimulus payment for generally $1,400 that the stimulus law made possible.
Today’s Top Deal
The post Stimulus check update: 2.2 million new payments just went out – will you get one? appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon’s hottest smart home gadget is down to $19 today – and you can get a $40 Amazon credit
- How did you ever live without this brilliant $40 Amazon find in your kitchen?
- I built the home gym of my dreams without spending more than $250 on any exercise machine
- Amazon’s coolest Alexa device you’ve never heard of is down to $19.99 right now
Trending Right Now:
- More people are about to get a surprise IRS refund soon
- HBO might finally have a new show that can rival the popularity of ‘Game of Thrones’
- It’s not just you: Thousands of major websites just went offline
Stimulus check update: 2.2 million new payments just went out – will you get one? originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 12:52:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
July 22, 2021 at 09:57AM