41 Amazing Kitchen Products That’ll Save You Money In The Long Run
41 Amazing Kitchen Products That’ll Save You Money In The Long Run
Money that will go straight into your Snack Fund, of course.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Ethylene gas-absorbing apples for anyone tired of fresh produce spoiling before they can use it — the company claims these’ll save the average household up to $600 per year.
They can keep produce fresher for two to three times longer. Each packet inside the Bluapple lasts three months, and you can order replacement packets as needed.
Promising review: “Lettuce was going bad in my refrigerator produce bin while lettuce in my outdoor compost bin seemed to stay green much longer. Then I bought these, and now my lettuce stays fresh for a very long time. This product pays for itself many times over.” —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $13.99.
2. A dishwasher cleaner and disinfectant to remove limescale, rust, grease, and other nasty buildup so your machine runs more efficiently than ever (aka you do *not* have to replace your whole unit if your dishes just aren’t getting as clean as they used to) — while you just sit back and relax. It even kills Salmonella and E. coli!
Promising review: “After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher, due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then, I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing its job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in good housekeeping magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, per instructions, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my subscribe and save order, so I will get a new pack every six months. I am amazed!” —Sheila
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $5.99.
3. A set of vegan waxed food wraps so you can say buh-bye to that frustrating roll of plastic wrap and stop wasting money on rolls of aluminum foil. These bbs are reusable (just rinse with mild soap to clean) and work like magic — molding to any shape container with just the heat from your hands.
BuzzFeed / Maitland Quitmeyer
I got this set of wraps in my attempt to not use roll after roll after roll of aluminum foil every five minutes. And guess what — they’re great! They’re vegan soy wax (also available in beeswax) and super cute. You get three different sizes, which are varied enough to fit just about any random leftover bowl I need to stick in the fridge that day. Just press the wrap down around the edge of your chosen container, and the heat from your hands seals it with ease. Voila!
Get a set of three from Wild Minimalist for $21.99.
Wild Minimalist is a family-owned small business based in California with the goal of making it easier for people to reduce their waste.
4. A mini waffle iron perfect for making a big batch, which you can then freeze and toast whenever you need a quick breakfast.
When you make much cheaper and tastier waffles than the ones in the freezer aisle, you will finally be able to ~leggo that Eggo~.
Promising review: “This little waffle maker is so perfect! It makes the perfect-size waffles, the smaller ones you would get out of the freezer section at the grocery store. I just buy some mix and make a huge batch to freeze for my son, and he just pops them in the toaster. I also made a bunch to make waffle sandwiches for my daughter. Healthier and a lot cheaper. I make those up and freeze them as well to be able to just pop them in the microwave.” —SnoopyHJ
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in 19 colors and shapes).
5. A knife sharpener with two grooves (one for coarse sharpening and one for quick touch-ups) to make your year-old knives slice like brand new.
Promising review: “I have had my set of knives for over 10 years. I was looking to replace them when someone recommended trying to sharpen them. I hated sharpening the knives with the sharpener they came with. I wanted something easy. This was it! I sharpened all my knives with it and they are like they were when I first purchased them. This knife sharpener made it quick and easy. It saved me a lot of money from purchasing a new set. If your knives are dull, give this a try. You can’t beat it for the price!” —M. Bell
Get it from Amazon for $11.08.
6. A roll of ~bamboo~ paper towels you can toss in the washing machine and reuse over *120 times*. They’re super-absorbent and durable, but are soft enough to use on your skin, too. You can even use them on your Swiffer!
One roll of these will tackle a number of messes equivalent to 60 ROLLS of conventional paper towels.
Promising review: “I’ve had these bamboo towels for a month now and am incredibly impressed with their performance! They’re much larger than a regular paper towel, thicker, softer and more absorbent. I’ve washed the first ones I’ve torn off the roll several times now and they DO survive the laundry and perform just as well afterward. I’ve only used five bamboo towels this month, washed them and re-used. Several times. I would have been through a whole roll of Brawny by now. One caveat…when you wash them, you’re supposed to air dry them, so I haven’t sent any through the dryer. And I haven’t needed to, because allowing them to air dry has not affected the quality of the towels when I ‘re-roll’ them!” —A. Clark
Get a roll from Amazon for $14.99.
7. A bottle of wood oil to keep any wood item in your kitchen *thriving* — especially your cutting board, but don’t forget about those almost-antique wooden spoons too! Why buy another?
Promising review: ”I had recently tossed an ancient board due to cracking and resolved to take better care of those remaining – this did the trick and they look brand new!” —Betsy S.
Get it from Material Kitchen for $18.
8. A panini press with floating lids that can perfectly grill up any size sandwich — and at a way smaller price tag than an airplane ticket to Italy…or a trip to your local deli on the regular.
And it stores vertically for compact storage in even the teeniest kitchens.
Promising review: “Freaking awesome! Who knew?! Just like the real thing, at a rock bottom price. This is one of the smartest purchases I have made in a while. This little machine works. The only thing is you have to remember to unplug. Love it. I am eating loads of veggies because of this little number, and saving money as well making my sandwiches at home.” —Customer
Get it from Amazon for $34.99 (available in three colors).
And if you prefer making grilled cheese the old-fashioned way, check out our picks for the best cast-iron skillet.
9. A set of reusable grocery bags to help you shop greener and save money if your local stores charge you for plastic bags — basically, buying these makes a lot of ~cents~.
Promising review: “These are giant bags. They are extremely sturdy. I can go grocery shopping for my whole family using these and I’m not afraid of them ripping or tearing like I do with store bags or other reusable bags. The patterns are also really cute.” —Amber Sayre
Get them from Amazon for $13.99+ (for a set of five; available in three sets).
10. A set of reusable snack and sandwich bags so you can stop buying and tossing disposable ones ever again — and convince you to actually bring lunch to work once in a while. Snacks!!
They’re leak-safe, dishwasher-safe, and freezer-safe, too.
Promising review: “I’ve been using these for a couple of weeks now and they have saved me SO many bags already! Easy to clean too, I’ve just been putting them in the dishwasher and letting them air dry, but they dry quickly as well.” —Heather L. Nickler
Get a set of 12 (5 sandwich, 5 snack, 2 gallon size) from Amazon for $16.99 (also available in smaller 4- and 8-packs).
11. Cheese storage paper guaranteed to keep your cheddar sharp, your Parmesan poppin’, and your Brie better than ever for way, way longer.
The paper breathes just the right amount, maintaining the perfect humidity and mimicking the environment that cheese is aged in.
Promising review: “Before I bought this cheese paper I would do the cheese search in the refrigerator. After buying cheeses, opening them, and then rewrapping them in heaven knows what (namely plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and plastic containers), it was always the same result: moldy cheese. This box contains the paper in sheets plus some stickers that you can write on with the name of the cheese and the date it was wrapped or even sell by date. There are also pictures of a sheep, cow, and goat so the source can be identified by circling or checking one of them! What I also like is that the cheeses can be rewrapped after use and amazingly the stickers still stick! The paper can also be cut to size to wrap smaller cheeses. So far I have noted that the cheeses have stayed fresh with not a trace of mold. I highly recommend this product to all cheese lovers!” —Prairie Woman
Get a package of 15 11-inch x 14-inch sheets of cheese paper from Amazon for $14 (also available in larger packs).
12. A Nespresso Vertuo that’ll save both counter space ~aNd~ the amount of money you spend at your local coffee shop on high-quality espressos and coffees.
It comes with a milk frother, so say hello to delicious lattes and cappuccinos, too. I have a Vertuo and it makes for a very speedy and tasty coffee before my brain can power on.
Promising review: “We are impressed! I am on my second cappuccino as I write this review. The coffee is rich, creamy and so flavorful! The machine is very easy to use, convenient, and gives you an aromatic and very delicious cup of coffee in just a couple of minutes. It’s a great value too. Each cup of coffee costs less than a dollar, saving you money over the competition! The milk frother is wonderful addition. Works great and adds depth and creaminess to your coffee! I just love this machine!” —Renee Beckman
Get it from Amazon for $237.66 (available in five colors).
13. Or if you’re a Keurig person, a set of reusable pods so you can make your favorite coffee without shelling out on individual K-Cups.
You can even clean ’em right in the dishwasher.
Promising review: “If you’re worried about landfills, these reusable K-cups are the bomb. They are the exact right size, easy to fill and clean, and they make the perfect cup of coffee. In fact, I find that the coffee made with this leaves less grounds deposits in my cup, so that’s actually superior. Anyway, you can save a lot of money by buying medium-ground coffee and filling these little things yourself. You can’t go wrong if your goal is to save money and avoid dumping so much in landfills.” —David Good
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $11.95.
14. And a handheld electric milk frother so you don’t *have* to leave your home to enjoy a fabulous cafe-quality latte or cappuccino. It even works on iced bevvies — hello SWEET CREAM COLD FOAM at home!
It’s battery operated — just run it in some soapy water for an easy cleaning.
Promising review: “Love this little thing! I have every thing you can think of at home for making coffee and espresso… Well I love the Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew with foam. I set out to make my own. Well I can now make cold foam thanks to this little tool. Love it!” —Gav’s mama
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in two colors).
15. A fume-free oven cleaner you can spray on, leave for a minute, and then wipe away for an oven so clean, you’ll think it was swapped out for a new model overnight. Trip to the appliance store = postponed.
Promising review: “Miracle in a spray can! I had just about given up on my stove top, and was getting ready to purchase a replacement top when I came across this product. I sprayed it on the entire surface of my stove and let it sit for two days. After that, with a little elbow grease I was able to easily remove all the extensive build up! It almost looks like brand new. By investing a few dollars and time, I was able to save so much more, since I no longer need to purchase a new stove top. Such a bargain in this little spray can.” —Jem
Get it from Amazon for $6.89.
16. A microwave popper so you can buy your kernels in bulk (no dumb little bags!) and top your popcorn with WHATEVER you choose — no oil required, if you don’t want to add it!
Promising review: “This is a great little invention. Easy to clean and store, and it pops the popcorn perfectly every single time. Save yourself a ton of money, and just buy this and pick up some unpopped kernels from the grocery store. I bought a small organic bag for $3 and got about 15-20 bowls out of it. Now I can finally have some decent microwave popcorn without having to deal with the trans fats or palm oil that all of the major brands seem to use in their products nowadays.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in 14 colors).
17. A two-in-one citrus reamer and saver that’ll both make juice and store it so you don’t waste a whole lemon or orange on a recipe that only requires a little.
AND it has measurements printed right on it for even more convenience.
Promising review: “Easy to use and easy to store leftovers in the fridge. I generally only need a tablespoon of lemon, lime, or orange juice at a time (for single serving dressings or recipe flavorings, not for juice drinking). So I juice the whole fruit and save the rest for next time right in this tool.” —Jodi Vezzetti
Get it from Amazon for $12.30.
18. A brown sugar-softening bear so you won’t ever check your pantry before making chocolate chip cookies or your morning oatmeal, only to find rock-hard brown sugar you now have to toss. It’ll stay soft and scoop-able every time.
Just soak it in water for 20 minutes and pop in the container. You can *also* use it without soaking to absorb moisture, keeping foods like pretzels, crackers, chips — and even salt — nice and dry.
Promising review: “This is the second brown sugar bear I’ve purchased because they work so well. They are simple to use and very effective. Soak it in water and then place it in your brown sugar container. It will keep the sugar soft and easy to scoop. If you have brown sugar that has already hardened and is like a solid rock, you can place the bear in the container and by the next day you will be able to scoop it again. It’s simple, effective, and inexpensive. There is no reason not to get this little bear.” —Hannah M.
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.15.
19. And a set of reusable glass straws (two straight, two bent) so you can fully replicate that Starbucks iced-coffee feeling without actually going there (or buying boxes of straws for home) — aka you’ll help save money AND save the turtles. If you don’t love that cold-cold-cold feeling of stainless steel straws, glass are a great option!
They’re dishwasher and microwave safe, too!
Promising review: “ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with my glass straws. I hate using plastic straws and metal just has this metal taste so I LOVE my new glass straws. Love the feel of it and use it for ALL my drinks.. especially for morning iced coffees and iced matcha lattes.” —Sally
Get a set of four (two straight, two bent) from Simply Straws for $22.80 (originally $38; available in eight colors).
20. A vacuum-sealing wine saver to remove air and keep your wine fresh for up to a week — great for people who drink one glass a day or use wine for cooking!
Put the stopper in your open bottle, attach the vacuum sealer, and pump out the air. When you hear the patented click, that means it’s sealed! The vacuum seal prevents oxidization (because there’s no air next to the wine), preserving the taste.
Promising review: “This product keeps your red wine good for about a week and is also nice to use on white wine to ensure freshness. I’m so happy I bought it! I like to have a glass of wine or two in the evenings, but I rarely finish a bottle of red within the time it takes the wine to go bad (which I find is 3-4 days). With this, my red wine lasts about a week and a half!” —LindsayRoseEliz.
Get a wine saver with two stoppers from Amazon for $14.99 (available in four colors).
21. A lemongrass-scented, slow-burning soy candle for keeping your kitchen smelling fresh; soy candles last far longer than regular wax candles. And reviewers rave about how these lovely (but not overpowering) scents spread throughout the house!
Promising review: “After trying Bath & Body Works candles, Target candles, our grocery store, and even a candle subscription service, I have yet to find any that can hold their own against Lulu Candles. It’s simple. Lulu Candles have amazing smells that you can smell farther than a few feet away from the table it sits on. We walk in the house and can smell the scent from the kitchen. Winner. Thank you for making the best candle we could find.” —David C.
Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in two sizes and 23 scents).
22. A grocery list notepad so you 1) never forget anything at the grocery store, and 2) stop wasting money on impulse purchases you don’t *actually* need. Stick to the list!
Promising review: “I put these right on the front of the fridge. I tend to run to the grocery store for one thing I forgot and end up with a whole buggy full. I’m thinking this will surely save me trips to the store and money that I usually waste buying something else. There are extra lines to write in anything that’s not listed. Perfect!” —CD
Get it from Amazon for $6.36 (available in six styles, including ones for keto, vegetarian, and vegan diets).
23. Antimicrobial silicone sponges that’ll never get stinky — they’re almost 100% resistant to mold and mildew, more durable than regular sponges, and won’t scratch your pots and pans! Aka you won’t be tossing a whole new sponge every other day.
They *guarantee* that each scrubber sponge will stay odor-free for at least three months.
Promising review: “My girlfriend has a keen nose for mildew, which meant we were throwing out kitchen sponges well before they were worn out. I came across these and was very happy with the first ones we tried. Absolutely no odor, even after several weeks worth of usage. The scrubber will break down long before it starts to smell. A definite winner in my book!” —Amazon Customer
24. Or a completely reusable sponge (run it through the washing machine or dishwasher for cleaning) made from terry cloth on one side, cotton flannel on the other, and polyester mesh for a super effective clean that’s also better for the earth AND your wallet.
The prints are also just super cute!
Promising review: “I’ve been searching for a dish sponge alternative for a long time. I bought one of these to try it out. I loved it so much I bought three more!! Excellent quality, flexible, soft but scrubs well with the mesh, keeps a good lather… all in all even better than a regular dish sponge! I’m thrilled! No more plastic trash dish sponges for me!! Thank you!! 💙🌎💚” —Jessica Hames
Marley’s Monsters is a woman-owned shop based in Oregon (and home to the ~original~ Un-Paper Towel) making eco-friendly essentials for everyday use.
25. A bottle-emptying stand sure to change your sauce-loving life forever and prove that BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey, and other condiments are good to the last drop.
Promising review: “This gadget is FANTASTIC. We placed it first on a squeeze bottle of honey, always aggravated that the last third of a bottle of honey was so difficult to have at the ready. It doesn’t change the height of the bottle so it will store on the same shelf. It allows us to keep the honey stored upside down so every drop will be at the ready as the bottle empties. So impressed that it has a fail-safe cap so it closes off automatically when done squeezing the product and eliminates concerns of leakage. They are substantially constructed and should last a very long time.” —O. Sutherland
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $19.99.
26. A Feed n Wax Wood conditioner reviewers swear by to bring their scratched, worn-out, and dull tables, cabinets, and drawers to new life. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than a kitchen remodel.
It’ll basically erase years of damage (looking at you, drink rings) and polish up beautifully in minutes, bringing out the natural color and sheen of your pieces — whether the wood is finished or unfinished — *and* add a layer of protection.
Promising review: “Our home was built in 1984, solid wood cabinets still solid but needed some love. We are getting ready to update the countertops and I was trying to decide if I wanted to spend the extra money and just replace the cabinets. Decided to try some love on the old cabinets, found this product and gave it a try. Yes, it was some work, but I am a ‘hands-on’ kind of girl, so spent the better part of a day removing the cabinet hardware, waxing and buffing. This product does feel greasy but I could see it soaking into our old wood cabinets. Even gave some of the more used one a second coat. Left it on for the directed 20 minutes and then buffed off with a clean dry cloth. Our old cabinets look fantastic. So glad I found this, it just saved us thousands on the cost of new cabinets.” —K. Pollock
Get it from Amazon for $8.48.
27. A quick and easy breakfast sandwich maker so you can enjoy a hot and satisfying brekkie without having to make a pit stop on the way to work — or shelling out those extra bucks.
It’ll cook eggs, veggies, meats, and toast up English muffins, biscuits, and even small bagels. It comes with a recipe book with ideas, and you can TOSS THE REMOVABLE PARTS IN THE DISHWASHER! Breakfast is ready in five!
Promising review: “The best small appliance I have ever bought! My husband buys the microwaveable egg sandwiches that are frozen and they are pretty expensive, especially when you buy enough for the month. He just grabs one and goes to work. So not only did this little gadget work as well as it said, it will save us money in the long run. The food is better since it’s fresher, and I just couldn’t believe it took five minutes. The sandwich was done and without all that messy frying and smelling up the house. Now, this is so easy, even my husband can do it without me if he had to. I want to buy one for my kids, the one at college and the newlywed. Also, the one here on Amazon was cheaper than the one I saw at the store and I had it in two days.” —Mistie Morgan
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in three colors).
28. A salad dressing shaker with measurements printed on the side, an airtight seal, and a one-handed lever for easy pouring of your very own homemade vinaigrettes and dressings.
Promising review: “Best salad dressing shaker ever! This is really a great product if you like to make your own dressings. I find that many bottled dressings are too salty and full of preservatives as well. Making your own is embarrassingly easy and saves you money as well. The wide mouth makes it easy to add the oil, vinegar, etc. and it also has a handy rubber grip in case your hands are slippery! Never buy salad dressing again!” —Ella Dedman
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in two sizes and two colors).
29. A salad spinner to keep your greens washed and fresh for crisp salads whenever you want. You’ll never be surprised looking into a sad bowl of wilted and spoiled greens. “But….I *just* bought these!!”
This one has a smart, wobble-free design, and the corners make it easy to pour the excess water out neatly!
Promising review: “I eat a huge amount of greens everyday. I like to wash them and then dry them thoroughly before I store them. This spinner really dries the vegetables and then you don’t get those nasty wilting bits in the containers of baby greens from the market after a day or two. Well worth the money and looks like it will last a very long time.” —JPC10
Get it from Amazon for $29.97.
The vents regulate the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide and keeps moisture away so your strawberries taste freshly-picked days and days and days later. I recently got a couple of these and a bunch of basil and strawberries stayed fresh for SO LONG!!
Promising review: “I read the reviews and thought I’d give these a try since they here easily half the price of the other ones I looked at that had to have the charcoal filters replaced periodically. These need no filter changes and oh-my-gosh, they work! I went on a 10-day trip to visit my mom and left my husband home with asparagus, strawberries, and spinach in the containers. He ate some of all of them, but there was plenty left when I got back and they were in perfect condition! I couldn’t believe it! These will save us a lot of money not throwing away food because we couldn’t get through it fast enough. (We shop at Costco and get large containers of produce.) These are TOTALLY worth getting and I will be getting a few more sizes. Excellent product!!!” —Elizabeth Walter
Get them from Amazon for $9.99+ each (available in five sizes and in sets of multiples).
Check out our full Rubbermaid produce saver review for more on these game-changing containers!
31. A SodaStream Fizzi so you can have all the seltzer (and sodas) your heart desires right at the push of a button — you’ll save money *and* not have to carry heavy cans or bottles from the grocery store anymore.
Promising review: ”I literally love my soda stream so much. I used to buy La Croix religiously, like 3 boxes a week, and that’s so expensive. But this set is SO CUTE and handy to have so many bottles and be able to trade them around as I need to. I love it. Best purchase ever.” —Hayray
Get it from Target for $79.99 (originally $99.99).
32. Bread-saving sheets that’ll say “no more, mold!” and keep your favorite baked goods fresher for up to four times longer.
The sheets contain a blend of spices that naturally prevent fungus and bacteria and last about a month each.
Promising review: “I have used Fresh Paper for fruits and vegetables, so I wondered if this new product would work for bread. I was really pleased with how well it worked. I had some fresh bagels from my favorite local shop; usually they mold within a few days but when I put a piece of Fresh Paper with them they were still fresh way longer than I expected! It also tested a piece with some dinner rolls I baked myself a few days before Thanksgiving. The ones I didn’t bring to the dinner stayed fresh all weekend, and I could use them with dinner the week after!” —C. Elizabeth
Get three packs of eight sheets from Amazon for $23.99 (also available in a version for produce).
33. A sink cleaner and polish formulated to use on stainless-steel AND porcelain sinks (plus cast-iron, Corian, acrylic, and more) to restore that just-like-new shine *and* protect against further damage. That new sink you’ve been wanting? It can wait, now.
I bought this recently for my white porcelain kitchen sink and I’ve since texted five people about it, which is really a lot for such a boring grown-up product. It cleans beautifully, but the *best* is its ability to repel stains after cleaning. You know that thing when you rinse out your coffee cup and the coffee water just lingers in your sink and you have to purposefully rinse it out for two minutes? You don’t have to do that — the coffee can’t stick to the sink and just goes RIGHT down the drain. Time saved, sink clean — this is really a Virgo dream product right here.
Promising review: “This amazing product saved us $1,000. This product is amazing!. We have a kitchen sink that was so stained and scratched that we were shopping around for a new one. My wife stumbled on this product and we decided to give it a try. I used my drill with a soft buffing attachment, and after about 30 minutes, the sink was like brand new!! Highly recommend this product.” —Joseph Rodriguez
Get it from Amazon for $10.03 (also available in larger packs).
34. A filtering Nalgene water bottle that’ll provide great-tasting water on the go, without having to schlep massive packs of the bottled stuff from Costco.
It has a coconut shell-based carbon fiber mesh filter built right in to remove particulates and contaminates from your tap water.
Promising review: “I decided to get this bottle simply for the fact that I drink a ton of water and I want to save on using plastic water bottles. This filter gets rid of any foul taste there is. The worst is when I go to the gym and try to use the water dispenser there, it tastes absolutely foul. I tried this bottle with the gym water and boom! Crisp, clean tasing water. It’s super easy to sip through the straw as well and size is perfect.” —Nicole C.
Get it from Amazon for $34.95 (available in three sizes and 13 colors).
35. An under-the-sink water filtration system to help you kiss your pricey Brita filters goodbye and pour a glass of the good stuff straight from the tap — no more bottled water either.
It has a two-step filter that removes 99.99% of contaminants, and it comes with direct connect hoses to hook right up to the standard 3/8″ valves in U.S. kitchen sinks. It’s designed to be installed in under three minutes.
Promising review: “We have town water and it seems they are putting more and more chlorine in it every year. We should be getting used to it and tasting it less and less, not more! The refrigerator filters are super expensive and weren’t cutting it. Every time I put a glass to my mouth it smelled like a swimming pool. I searched the internet and decided to give this a try due to the positive reviews and affordability. Wow! easy install (I’m an avid DIYer). And the taste! The chorine taste is just gone! No more overpriced fridge filters for us. I love that the filter replacement procedure is basically the same as a fridge. Just twist and remove. We love it so much I teed off the fridge line and put a dispenser at our sink as well. The flow on this thing is just amazing! And the water tastes great! Don’t waste your money on the expensive, complicated ones. My parents have a three-chambered, name brand filter at their house. It was expensive, the replacement filters are expensive, it is a pain in the petunias to replace the filters, and the flow rate is pathetic! But guess what! Our water from this filter tastes just as good as theirs at a fraction of the price, plus it’s way more convenient, plus the flow rate is way better. I just can’t say enough. Love, Love it! You will too!” —BJ
Get it from Amazon for $69.99.
36. A pair of cereal-dispensing containers that will keep your favorite varieties fresher for longer (you know who always leaves the box open…). And if you have kids in the house, it also helps them pour out a bowl easily without spilling Cheerios ALL OVER THE FLOOR.
37. A set of minimal labels (available in sets of 20, 40, or 80, depending on how extensive your collection is) for the jars you *already* have so you can skip spending on pricey packaged spices and just buy what you need in bulk to refill!
38. A sectioned salad container with compartments for greens, toppings, and dressing for a not-sad and not-soggy lunch — eat your heart out $15 take-out salad!
Once you’re ready to eat, take out the removable toppings tray, add your dressing, and shake it up. I *also* bought this and loooooove it. Totally leak-proof, and the topping and dressing sections are just the right size!
Promising review: “I cannot describe how much money these have saved me. They are so easy to pack. You can HEAR the airtight seal engagement. Food tastes and feels fresh up to a week at least. The dressing cups and little portion separators keep salads from getting soggy, sandwiches are intact and not all over a bag. And they HEAT PASTA EVENLY IN THE MICROWAVE 100/10″ —Jordan Bradley Sowle
Get it (plus an extra bonus snack sectioned container) from Amazon for $16.59.
39. An airtight cold brew maker so you can get your ice-cold caffeine fix immediately upon waking up. Waiting in that Starbucks before even having your coffee? No thank you!
Airtight = your coffee won’t taste like the Chinese food leftovers that are *also* in your fridge. WOW LOOK, it’s ANOTHER product I personally own and love! My Starbucks cold brew habit cut back *significantly* when I bought this — I literally have it steeping on my counter at this VERY MOMENT. Check out my review of this iced coffee maker for all the deets!
Promising review: “I was wasting money every single morning at Starbucks on coffee I didn’t even like until the Takeya came into my life. I went from spending $90 to $100 on coffee a month to under $10. This is how I make my coffee: I fill up the tube about three quarters of the way full of coffee grounds (so it’s extra concentrated) on Saturday night. On Monday morning I remove the coffee grounds and pour three parts coffee and one part cold water over ice in my to go cup with a splash of coconut milk. Adding the water to it makes it so I can make five cups of coffee — good for one every morning for the entire work week. That way I don’t have to worry about running out since it takes about 36 hours to make. It’s that easy! Not only does it save me money but it also saves me all the time I spent waiting in the drive through (I live in Seattle lines for coffee get long!) Bottom line is it’s totally worth it if you’re trying to find ways to cut back on spending.” —Katie Bee
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (also available in a larger two-quart size).
40. An easy-breezy pineapple corer perfect 🎶 if you like piña coladas 🎶… but not spending a fortune on pre-cut pineapple. This thing is so easy to use, it’s like a tropical vacation in your kitchen.
Cut off the top of your pineapple, twist the corer into the fruit (kind of like a wine bottle corkscrew), then pull it out. You now have a cored and spiral-cut pineapple in minutes!
Get it from Amazon for $11.98.
Promising review: “OMG! Why did I take so long to get one of these? I would typically spend two or three minutes slicing up a pineapple and I LOVE pineapple so its pretty common for me. Now, I can do it in 30 seconds, and that was the first time not knowing what I was doing or what to expect. I suspect I’ll have this down to 10 seconds on the next go round. Love IT! Oh, BTW, it is sturdy and seems like it should last a while.” —riverseine
41. A ~guac lock~ container that’ll press alllllllll the air out so your precious dip won’t turn brown or get mushy. Leftover guac? Miracles DO happen.
Promising review: “Fairly certain I’ve never left a review for ANYTHING on Amazon but everyone needs to know how amazing this product is! I finally purchased it after the price inflated up to almost $70 and came back down to $30! WORTH. EVERY. PENNY. I’m a self proclaimed guac enthusiast and the guac in my photo is a WEEK OLD. I put this bowl to the test when I first got it and it gets an A+++ ! The guac is not only fresh in color but still has great taste after a whole week! Getcha one guac lovers!” —angel brooke raines
Get it from Amazon for $18.96.
The more money you save, the more you have to spend on food!
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!
via BuzzFeed – Trending https://ift.tt/1NYk2ll
July 21, 2021 at 03:59PM