iPhones dominate Android in North America, but we didn’t know it was this bad
Back in April, we reported new sales data out from Counterpoint Research, which showed that Apple’s iPhone 12 series was not only selling like hotcakes but, according to the latest Counterpoint Research Market Pulse report, helped Apple capture six spots on the then-just-issued top 10 list of the global best-selling smartphone models for January 2021.
Moreover, there’s a whole generation of devoted Apple fans in the pipeline — teenagers, whose brand loyalty has gotten cemented early and who hint that things will probably stay this way. To wit: According to a recent Piper Sandler survey of more than 7,000 teens, Apple’s flagship consumer product carries immense brand loyalty among this demographic, 88% of whom own an iPhone now. And a little more than that, 90%, expect the next phone they own to likewise be an iPhone. This brings us to a new report just out from El Segundo, California-based network intelligence software company CUJO AI, a report that takes a closer look at the iPhone vs Android battle and underscores among other things just how cemented iPhone’s loyalty is among smartphone owners.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 incredible early Prime Day deals that are about to end at Amazon
- AirPods Pro are back in stock at Amazon after selling out – and they’re $52 off
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best Apple deals
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
Trending Right Now:
- How to qualify for an $8,000 stimulus payment you didn’t even know about
- If you care about privacy, delete these 4 apps from your phone
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
iPhones dominate Android in North America, but we didn’t know it was this bad originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 20:06:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
June 11, 2021 at 05:08PM