Leak reveals Microsoft’s Surface Duo 2 is on track for a fall 2021 release
Microsoft’s first dual-screen Android smartphone has largely been a flop. Announced months ahead of its summer 2020 launch, the device featured 2019 hardware in an otherwise pleasing design. But add to that the subpar software experience, the lack of a competitive camera, and the $1,399 price tag, and you can understand why reviewers weren’t happy with Microsoft’s efforts.
Microsoft has since cut the first-gen Surface Duo’s price significantly and even gave it an Xbox game streaming feature. The device’s second screen turns the handset into a rather formidable portable gaming device.
Microsoft isn’t done making smartphones and plans to launch a second-generation Surface Duo this year that will reportedly fix the worst things about the first model. The Surface Duo 2, a name that Microsoft hopefully avoids, will launch in the second half of the year if this leak is accurate.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
- Amazon’s early Prime Day Roomba deals are so good, they’re starting to sell out
- Amazon’s best early Prime Day deal is hidden where most people can’t find it
- This classy bathroom upgrade went mega-viral on TikTok – Amazon has it for $15
Trending Right Now:
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
- You might be able to get up to $25,000 in stimulus checks – here’s how
- If you care about privacy, delete these 4 apps from your phone
Leak reveals Microsoft’s Surface Duo 2 is on track for a fall 2021 release originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 20:25:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
June 10, 2021 at 05:31PM