This new Android rival hit 10 million users in just one week
Earlier this week, Huawei announced HarmonyOS 2 — the new operating system that will replace Google’s Android on various smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other smart gadgets. HarmonyOS 2 is already compatible with dozens of existing Huawei devices.
For a while, we thought that HarmonyOS would be a brand new, universal OS, similar to Google’s own Android replacement, Fuchsia. But more recent reports have suggested Huawei’s OS isn’t as ambitious, as the Chinese company has just developed its own version of Android, which it hopes to deploy to millions of devices. The rollout is off to a great start, apparently. While western Android fans might not even know what HarmonyOS is, it already has over 10 million users in China.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon’s early Prime Day Roomba deals are so good, they’re starting to sell out
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
- Today’s top deals: Early Prime Day deals, $6 Kasa smart plugs, $20 Blink Mini cam, $15 luxurious shower head, Fitbits, more
- This classy bathroom upgrade went mega-viral on TikTok – Amazon has it for $15
Trending Right Now:
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
- Amazon will share your internet connection with strangers unless you opt out today
- New $3,600 stimulus payments are coming – do this so you don’t miss out
This new Android rival hit 10 million users in just one week originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 16:17:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
June 10, 2021 at 01:21PM