SpaceX’s Starlink might give in-flight internet a speed boost
No matter how quick our home internet and mobile data speeds get, the internet service we pay for on our flights never seems to improve. That might not be the case for much longer, as The Verge reports that Elon Musk’s space transportation company SpaceX is currently in talks with "several" airlines to provide its Starlink satellite internet network on planes.
According to The Verge, Jonathan Hofeller, Vice President of Starlink Commercial Sales at SpaceX, told attendees at the Connected Aviation Intelligence conference this week that the company already has an aviation product in the works, and plans to bring it to airlines "very soon."
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon’s early Prime Day Roomba deals are so good, they’re starting to sell out
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
- Today’s top deals: Early Prime Day deals, $6 Kasa smart plugs, $20 Blink Mini cam, $15 luxurious shower head, Fitbits, more
- Amazon has a $37 case that adds 10+ hours to your Nintendo Switch battery
Trending Right Now:
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
- New $3,600 stimulus payments are coming – do this so you don’t miss out
- Astronomers discovered a new planet with an important similarity to Earth
SpaceX’s Starlink might give in-flight internet a speed boost originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 15:44:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via BGR https://bgr.com
June 10, 2021 at 12:53PM