Apple TV+ bilingual drama ‘Now and Then’ sets its cast
The new Apple TV+ thriller “Now and Then” will feature Rosie Perez, Soledad Vilamil, Marina de Tavira, and more.
Apple ordered a full series run of “Now and Then” in April, and now it seems production has moved to casting. The show will use an all-Hispanic cast for the bilingual thriller.
Deadline has shared the cast list for the show. It includes Rosie Perez, Marina de Tavira, Jose Maria Yazpik, Maribel Verdu, Manolo Cardona, Soledad Villamil, and Zeljko Ivanek.
The thriller will be filmed in both English and Spanish and is set in Miami. It explores the differences between youthful aspirations and the reality of adulthood when a weekend college party ends with one of them dead.
The show’s events are set 20 years after the party, and the remaining five survivors are reunited by a threat that puts their worlds at risk.
- De Tavira will play Ana, a smart and ambitious woman who put her political career on hold to support her husband’s.
- Perez is Flora, a talented detective obsessed with an unresolved case from 20 years ago, who will stop at nothing to discover the truth.
- Yazpik portrays Pedro, a complex politician married to Ana, he feels entangled in a life that doesn’t belong to him.
- Verdu plays Sofia, a strong, self-made lawyer whose life took an unexpected turn 20 years ago and is now hiding too many secrets.
- Cardona portrays Marcos, a passionate surgeon who sacrificed his dreams for his family and friends.
- Villamil is Daniela, an introspective artist who constantly struggles to overcome a traumatic event from her past.
- Ivanek plays Sullivan, seasoned detective who keeps his partner Flora from getting into too much trouble, always operates based on evidence and logic.
Apple TV+ is a paid streaming subscription service that costs $4.99 per month. Customers can also get Apple TV+ included in every tier of the Apple One bundle.
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, “Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider,” and you’ll get the latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for “AppleInsider Daily” instead and you’ll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you’re interested in Apple-centric home automation, say “Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider,” and you’ll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.
via AppleInsider News https://ift.tt/3dGGYcl
May 28, 2021 at 05:58AM